Jul 24, 2010

Haul and Review of R&R products

So I hauled from Hautelook the other week when they have R&R beauty on sale. I heard many good things about the blushes so I picked up Tease and then a gloss in Preppy Punk. I love the packaging!! It's so sleek and gaudy!
The only packaging I was not fond of was the gloss's packaging. The black part on the wand is just a black sticker wrapped around! Eww how cheap! I definitely would not pay the full price of I believe $20. I paid $10 for it [I don't remember because it doesn't even say on the invoice they sent!]. I really like the packaging of the blush though. There's a ton of product in there too!

Swatches. I wore the gloss today and I am VERY disappointed. It is not pigmented like the MAC lipglasses. I have to load on the product and it doesn't even have amazing staying power. It has a strong scent of vanilla like the MAC lipglasses. I really love the blush color, but on my cheeks I think it is too cool toned for me boo! The blush is really smooth though and very pigmented. When I swatched it though, it reminded me a LOT of the Forever 21 blush I got in fuchsia...so I swatched...
OH NO! THEY LOOK SO SIMILAR!! UGHHH! I did not want to pay $20 for a blush color I already had AND the Forever 21 blush was only $4? UGHHH!! SOOO IF ANYONE WOULD LIKE TO SWAP MY R&R BLUSH FOR A MORE PINK OR CORAL COLOR I WOULD LOVE TO!!
Then I went to Marukai the other day and wanted to get the five pack of lashes that they had on sale for a little less than $7. I got the glamorous lashes.
It even comes with a little case!
I'm really excited to try these!

That's it for now. But if anyone is interested in swapping the blush with another color, let me know!

6 comments:

Ashchronicles said...

aww...too bad for both products. I've nvr heard of this brand though..
I kinda like the packaging but maybe that's just from the pictures you took..

Anonymous said...

aww it sucks the products didnt work that well on you!! Hopefully you'll make a nice swap with someone ;)

the false lashes look cute... I should try wearing some more often!

wuzzyangel said...

Awww I don't have a blush in the color you want! LOL! Sorry that they didn't meet up to the expectations! Ohhh pretty falsies!!

DICTASHION. said...

OMGOSh, they do remind me of MAC!

vnikali said...

i never R&R had makeup stuff ><~
thanks for sharing hun
xx
vnikali

Maria said...

hi!
you have a lovely blog
i'm following you
please visit my blog if you have time and follow me
i'm having a giveaway ^_^